This new year has seen many changes, including the disappearance (hopefully) of most Covid-19 restrictions. So what are the eCommerce trends for 2022?
Well, re-emerging economies have a whole host of trending products to sell as new online business trends continue to surface.
Let’s take a look at the hottest eCommerce trends for 2022:
Highly Visual Marketing and Selling
In 2022, you can expect online business trends to become more visual.
While high quality product photos have been essential for many years, if you really want to make a success of your eCommerce store, you’ll need to take it up a notch.
Examples of visual marketing and selling tools that are becoming popular in 2022 include the following:
- 360-degree photos. Giving the website visitor a 3D glimpse of the product, 360-degree photos are set to become the norm.
- Videos. Photos are vital in providing a good visual, first impression of the product but videos demonstrate how it works and any interesting features it has.
- Interactive content. To prove that you care about your customers and the quality of the products and service they receive, interactive content is vital. By positively interacting with customers, you can show potential customers the level of service they can expect to receive.
- Augmented reality. Although not widely used yet, the most innovative and successful eCommerce sellers are using augmented reality as a visual marketing tool in 2022.
- Mechanisms allowing customers to search for a product using an image. Any good eCommerce seller knows that a well-functioning search bar is an excellent way for customers to find what they need easily. However, if you can offer a mechanism where your customers can upload an image in place of a search term, you’ll be sure to improve your chances of success this year.
- QR tagging. QR tags can contain essential information regarding discount codes, new stock, and more. If you want to make things convenient for your customers, consider using QR tagging.
Social Media Shopping Platforms
While most customers shop on the eCommerce business’s traditional online platform, shopping on social media is becoming increasingly popular as it offers added convenience and an element of fun.
Instagram or Facebook stores are something to consider if you want to target more customers on these platforms.
Having a social media store is also an excellent way to attract customers to your business profile and market more extensively. By offering discounts or freebies if customers shop in the social media store or refer a friend, you can quickly increase your following.
Thankfully, it’s easy to link your eCommerce platform to your social media accounts, and it’s well worth the effort.
Innovative and Value-Adding ECommerce Partners
Owning an eCommerce store doesn’t have to be arduous, difficult or very time-consuming, as long as you select the partner.
One of the top online business trends in 2022 is to work with a reputable partner to help you achieve your sales goals.
Sellvia, for instance, uses an easy-to-understand platform and helps eCommerce store owners find the best products for their platforms. They also help online store owners market effectively, and quickly reach their objectives.
If you want to earn a lucrative living from your eCommerce business and be your own boss, choosing the right eCommerce partner that adds value is vital.
Customers like to feel as if they’re special and not just another sale or number. With this in mind, customers are far more likely to continue shopping on an eCommerce platform if the seller can offer personalization options.
These include customized product recommendations based on their purchasing history, discount codes for items they buy frequently, and invitations to access sales early.